You have booked your hunt, now what?
There are a few things you must do to prepare for your upcoming hunt. If you have questions at any time, please contact us!
1) NB OUTDOORS CARD
Your NB Outdoors Card must accompany you to New Brunswick. Your card is required to purchase your bear license once you are here. All guests who are hunting or fishing must obtain a NB Outdoors Card. The 2-step process is simple and easy!
Step 1- E-Licensing
You must first register within the e-Licensing system (online system). This is a one-time process. You will need to provide basic info such as your residency, address, DOB, and training qualifications. Registration can be found at HERE or search for NB e-licensing on www.snb.ca
Step 2- NB Outdoors Card
Once you have registered to use the e-Licensing system, you will need to apply for a NB OUTDOORS CARD.
NB Outdoors Card Information:
- Required to make any hunting/angling license purchases
- There are no costs/fees to register or to be issued a card
- One-time registration
- These cards have your name and a unique ID number on them
- Your unique ID number is created as soon as registration is completed and can be used before your card is mailed to you
- Info required to register for the card:
- Residency Status
- Contact Info
- Email Address
- Proof of training/previous possession of hunting license
Proof of Course:
As mentioned, when applying for your Outdoors Card, you will need to provide proof of a hunter/bow hunter education training/course.
- Hunters born on, or after Jan. 1, 1981– you will need to indication your course reference #, its location, name and type.
- Hunters born before Jan. 1, 1981– You will need to certify in the e-Licensing system that you have held a previous applicable hunting license. The Dept. of Energy and Resources may check your training qualifications for validity.
**You may see information about applying for a bear license or how to buy your bear license. Please ignore this. You will purchase your bear license once you arrive, just as you always have!
2) WEAPON DECLARATION FORM
US citizens crossing the border will need to declare their weapons upon entering Canada. The declaration MUST BE FILLED OUT PRIOR to your trip and MUST ACCOMPANY YOU, UNSIGNED.
Please start this process early.
You can find all the details here: Non-Resident Weapon Declaration
Don’t forget to have a valid passport!
4) EXTRA INFO:
- Curious about New Brunswick’s hunting regulations? New Brunswick Hunting Regulations
- Crossbow hunting in New Brunswick, check out this article Hunting with a Crossbow
- Planning on fishing while on your trip! You can purchase your fishing license online once you have registered for an Nb Outdoors Card. You can also buy it once you arrive. Non-Resident Fishing License
- Our village may by small but it’s mighty! Check out where our lodge is located! Village of Harvey Station
- Our provinces is full of amazing places to visit, if you get the chance! New Brunswick Tourism