While the black bears are cozily tucked away in their dens, fast asleep; we, Dead Bear Walking Outfitters, are busy as beavers getting prepared for the upcoming hunting season in New Brunswick.
An overview for a typical week for us is:
- Mike working at the hatchery (will post about that later so you all can get an idea of what he does)
- A weekly run to pick up our secured bait for the bears. We then not only unload it but put it all away.
- Basketball- with 3 boys in ball, we run every night of the week. If one doesn’t have a game, they have a practice.
- We have celebrated 3 birthdays in our home this month already- Mike, Tyler (turned 10) and myself. We have 1 more to go- Devin will be 15 in 2 days! Josh is the only one not born in January and will be 17 in March.
- Working on the lodge- While we have made great progress, there’s still tons to be done. I will post an update asap to let you know where we are now!
- Of course, in between all of this, there was my Home & School committee meeting, housework, daily home cooked meals, and skating at the rink for the kids.
That’s just been the highlights! Phew- I’m tired just thinking about it 🙂
When life is busy, we all need a break, some downtime, a way to relax….
I want to share a few photos with you of how the winter months in New Brunswick can be, take a look!!!!
We cannot forget to simple beauty of this province in the winter either. Here are a few photos around the lodge in winter.